Monday, January 30, 2012

Watch Out, PF Chang!

I am not the best cook.  Baking is more my thing because I never feel the need to rush frantically.  Cooking just makes me nervous because I have something on the stove, and suddenly I need chopped garlic, but I can't chop and stir the pot at the same time... ay.  I have been doing way more baking than cooking lately, though, so my resolution needs to balance out a little better.  At work, Laura often talks about good meals that she has made, and she told me about a recipe for PF Chang's lettuce wraps.  I used to love my mom's turkey lettuce wraps, and these are made with ground chicken - which sounded good to me because I don't like turkey that much.  I also knew that Kenzie loved lettuce wraps that she got at Not Your Average Joe's.  So bring on the lettuce wraps!

I had to do it all alone - Mark and Rachael are at work, and Mom and Kenzie were getting Dad to bed.  I was a little nervous, and I did have that panicked couple minutes where I had to turn the pan on low to chop garlic and fresh ginger, but I prevailed!  And if I do say so myself, they are delicious!  If you don't want me to say so myself, take it from Kenzie, who said it is the best thing I ever made.  Actually the quote was, "write in your blog that it is the best thing you ever made."  :) 

The only thing I changed about the recipe was leaving out the chili garlic sauce (we don't like spice) and half of the scallions (because I ran out).  Also, I used honey roasted peanuts and definitely recommend those because they add the perfect sweetness to the sauce.  Mmmmmm... just typing about them almost makes me want to eat another one - but they are so filling! 

Definitely going to be making these again.  Delicious and good for you: can you beat that!?  Go buy lettuce and make these this week.

Recipe:
PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps

No comments:

Post a Comment