Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dinner and Dessert for Kenzie

The last two days werea bit a rough for Kenzie (and all of us) with a health scare, so tonight, it was all about her.  I told her to pick something for dinner, and something for dessert, and she can just take it easy and enjoy.  This led to me making Cuban black beans and rice, and Oreo cupcakes!

I was fully intent on making a completely vegetarian dinner, but you know these carnivores: they just aren't happy unless there is meat.  I refused, so Mark went to the store and got chicken and steak(carnivores, I told you!).  He was fully in charge of the meat aspect while I made the beans and rice.  The meal came together absolutely wonderfully!  My beans were delicious; nothing like finely chopped fresh cilantro, red peppers, onions and garlic to make beans amazing.  The best part was that it's a Weight Watchers recipe and only worth 5 points! Of course, that does not include the rice, or the steak, or the fact that Mark put his cooked chicken into my vegetarian beans, but it was still a healthy and delicious meal and we were all happy.

The healthy part ended with the cupcakes :)  They are pretty cute though.  They have a whole Oreo at the bottom, and lots of cookie chunks mixed in.  I made a cream cheese frosting with cookie crumbs and Oreo garnishes for the top.  Rachael treated Mom and Kenz to manicures so no one has tried them yet, but the cupcakes will be ready for them when they get in, and I am excited!  I am going to bring some to work tomorrow, I think, since my family never finishes baked goods (we do not have enough sweet tooths!) and I am sick of throwing out all my hard work!

Love you Kenz!  Think good thoughts, and enjoy the Oreo cupcakes! :)



Recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment