Monday, January 9, 2012

"Bridget: your finest!"

The title of this post is what my mother said to me as I sat here trying to come up with a title!  I figured that anything being my finest - especially according to my picky mother - is important!

Today was another looong Monday, and tomorrow is Kenzie's appointment, so we have all been in a bit of a blah mood.  I got home and found that Mom had made us chicken soup to settle our stomachs, so I didn't have to worry about that.  Kenzie claimed to be in need of a "warm homemade bread," so I told her to find a recipe and I'd do it.  Hence: cinnamon raisin swirl bread!

Not the prettiest... but the tastiest!
Any kind of bread with yeast takes a long time, so I think in total it took me 3 and a half hours, but most of that time was waiting for it to rise (I think a total of almost 2 hours!) and baking it for 45 minutes, so I guess it wasn't so bad after all; just not a recipe to start late at night!  Mine is also definitely not as pretty as the recipe, but hey, I am not an artist (ask my students).  If you pretend not to notice that the cinnamon swirl isn't so swirly, then the bread is perfect!  Warm, crunchy crust, soft inside, plump raisins, gooey cinnamon swirl.... like I said, Mom called it my finest! 

In other news, I definitely want a pastry mat with round and straight measurements like the recipe blogger used, so that I can stop whipping out our ancient fluorescent pink ruler ;)  And my birthday just so happens to be in 2 days....

Recipe:
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment