Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back in the Swing of it

Today was my first day back to work since December 23, and man, was it rough!  I was anxious all night... maybe got 3 hours of sleep.  This definitely affected my energy for my resolution tonight - but don't worry, I still dragged myself into the kitchen after work.  I had wanted to make dinner and a dessert, but after we ate, the most I could handle was washing my pans and slinking off to the couch.

Tonight, Rachael still feels sick and didn't want dinner.  Kenzie went out to eat with Nick, and Mark is working, so it was just me and Mom again.  If I had had more energy, I would have gone and gotten fish or mushrooms or some of the other things that my family all hates except for Mom and I, but I was too tired to shop and cook, so I decided to make a breakfast crescent wreath for dinner.  I had found this recipe on Pinterest and made it for my friend Amanda last week; I invited her over for breakfast and we ate my homemade bagels and this wreath.  I like it because it's easy - read that as "hard to mess up" - and it's breakfast, which I love, and it looks fancier than it is.  Basically you just scramble eggs and put them with bacon and cheese into a wreath of refrigerated crescent rolls.  30 minutes, total!  My kind of meal.  It came out great and Mom and I ate half of it.  I could eat breakfast for dinner every day, I think. 

I wish I had more culinary adventures to report but my body is working really hard to get back into the swing of things!  I did tell my class about my resolution today; they were skeptical, but then again, some of their resolutions included "to be a vegetarian and only eat meat 3 times a week" and "to fly," so who are they to judge? ;)
I meant to take a picture of the entire thing, but Mom and I were too hungry ;)  Doesn't it look fancy schmancy?  You know me and wow factor!


Recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment