Sunday, January 15, 2012

Texas Roadhouse Ain't Got Nothin' on Me!

As a huge carboholic bread-lover, as someone who always fills up on bread at restaurants (much to Mark's distress), and as someone who would probably die if I had Celiac - I can definitely say that this is one of my favorite things that I have made so far!  Yes: I have mastered the art of the Texas Roadhouse Roll!  Because let's be honest: no one actually goes there for the steak (who wants to look at your dinner raw and bloody!?); everyone goes for those hot, round little rolls, and the amazing sweet butter....
And so I decided that this was something to tackle.  I had found the copycat recipe on Pinterest, and Kenzie and I agreed that trying it out was a must.  I had planned on making soup today, but we have so much leftovers from our football party last night that we didn't need another meal - but as my mom said, this family can never have too much bread!

Besides the minor debacle of realizing that we had no eggs, and rushing to Cumberland's in my pajamas, the baking went really well.  I have begun to love making bread.  The smell of yeast is so addictive, and I adore kneading dough.  It's a good thing we have been having so many Play Doh sculpture contests lately - I think it is coming in handy!  These rolls only had to rise for about an hour and a half, which isn't too long; you know it's a quick recipe when we're eating fresh rolls by 1:30!  They came out beautifully too: smooth, golden, and so pretty!  And I keep insisting (to myself) that they aren't that bad for you; there are only 3 tablespoons of butter in the rolls, and even though I was supposed to brush them with melted butter as they came out of the oven, I didn't.  However, the fact that we smother them with butter probably doesn't help :) 

Speaking of the butter... of course, I made the Texas Roadhouse butter too!   You just mix a stick of butter with a teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of honey.  Even if you aren't up to making the bread, you really need to try the butter.  I can imagine it being amazing on any kind of toast, pancakes, etc..!

So this is definitely one of my favorite things.  It was easy to make, it made the house smell amazing, and when you bite into a hot, fresh roll smothered with cinnamon honey butter... there is just nothing sweeter!

Recipe:
Heaven on a platter!

No comments:

Post a Comment