Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

It is no secret that I hate lasagna.  I've always hated it.  It has a negative connotation for me and my family. Ever since I was 16 and Dad had his first hospitalization, people have brought us lasagnas.  There was one time that we had literally 7 lasagnas in our house, overflowing the fridge and freezers.  It was horrible.  Lasagna makes me depressed, and I also hate ground beef, which seems to appear in far too many of them. 

Kenzie is excited for lasagna (and Mark's margaritas and caprese salad!)
So: it may be shocking to hear that I made a lasagna tonight for dinner!  I found the recipe on my favorite food blog, and it has never steered me wrong before.  It was a Mexican lasagna, with fresh cilantro.  As I have mentioned, I am in love with fresh cilantro these days.  I think it totally makes every dish that it appears in.  To top it off, this recipe was vegetarian!  It had black beans and corn instead of hamburger meat (AKA pink slime these days).  Vegetarian and fresh cilantro?  I was hooked.



Halfway gone...
I think it is always a good sign when I make a meal and the entire thing goes!  Especially when said meal is vegetarian, and my family always whines about that.  Luckily, this was delicious!  The cilantro obviously made everything else taste fresh and fabulous, and the black beans, corn and scallions were a far better filling than pink slime and ricotta.  I am still impressed that we ate the whole thing!  I am a bit sad that I won't be eating leftovers at lunch tomorrow,  but I will focus on being happy that everyone liked my dinner  :) 

Recipe:
Mexican lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment