Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cooking from Dawn till Dusk!

Well, I am certainly not a fan of setting my alarm clock 30 minutes earlier than usual to have time to pop a breakfast casserole into the oven and make a blueberry sauce, but it certainly felt worth it when I was dining with Kenzie at 7:30 before we left for work this morning.   The overnight blueberry French toast was a hit with both of us (and apparently later on in the morning with my mom!).  I wish there were more people living in my house, though, because there is a ton left.  Looks like we will be eating breakfast casserole for a few more days!  Even though it was good, that whole 12 eggs thing really freaked me out, and this casserole has most likely seen its last days at the Tucker house.  I do think, though, that if I had a big crowd coming over (or if Glenwood was the old Glenwood and we still did our monthly staff breakfasts), it would be perfect.  It's sweet, syrupy, crunchy and soft at the same time.


After work, Mom was craving pizza, so I made up two doughs.  In the end, we decided to make just one pizza on a cookie sheet instead of two, one at a time, on our one pizza stone.  Mom and Mark covered half with grilled peppers from the other night, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, and sliced onions.  I had herbed goat cheese along with the mozzarella.  I can definitely say that this was one of the best pizzas ever!  My crust, if I do say  so myself, was perfect: puffy, soft, and chewy, and our strange mix of toppings just worked.  We all enjoyed, considering I made two doughs and the three of us ate all but three pieces :)  I liked this pizza dough recipe just as much as the last time I made it.  Bobby Flay knows his food.  I think I should sell my doughs (or pizzas?) at the Westminster farmer's market!

Recipe:
pizza dough
How cute is my mom, sitting on the floor to watch our pizza cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment