Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm Baaaack!

After a week with a worthless oven, I am finally back in action!  The oven guy came yesterday and gave us a new touchpad, and we are back in the kitchen!  Wahoo!  Last night, I wanted to make something, but I was so excited that I ended up spending all night poring over recipes.

But today, I told Mom to choose a recipe for me. I was out for the morning, doing some last-minute quizzing for Mark before his teacher test, and then I had to stop at the studio to do some singing.  I was tired when I got home, but Mom had a recipe for a chocolate and vanilla marble cake, and I couldn't say no.

This is a pretty cake, and it is often quite difficult for me for me to make anything look nice, so that was a plus.  No frosting needed.  I also think that it looks like it took more time than it did, and that is always good too.   Basically you make the vanilla batter, then steal some of it and add the chocolate to it, then drop spoonfulls of each batter into the pan like a checkerboard.  At the end, you swirl it with a knife.  I swirled the top, but kind of kept the bottom in the checkerboard pattern.  I think it looks pretty cool.  And it tastes good too, of course!  My mom ate two pieces, and like I have said, she is picky, so if she has seconds, it means something!

Recipe:
marble cake

Is it just me, or does this piece have a face?

No comments:

Post a Comment