Monday, February 6, 2012

Sphere Today, Gone Tomorrow

Tonight I did not want to do something too involved, and I had been planning on trying out my new maple cornbread drop biscuit recipe.  I liked that it was cornbread, it was biscuits, and there was no rolling out the dough!  When I made biscuits before, it was a lot of work, rolling and cutting out dough circles, so I liked the "drop biscuit" part of them; you just drop tablespoons on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

This was practically the fastest thing I ever made!  I got all the work done in about 15 minutes and had them cooked 16 minutes later!  I was really hoping they'd be good, after being that easy- and they are!  They are slightly sweet from the 1/4 cup of maple syrup, but still cornbread-y from the cornmeal.  I specifically bought yellow cornmeal for this because the recipe called for it; we had white cornmeal, and I like to think that was what was wrong with my corndog muffins of a couple weeks ago.  Wrong cornmeal!  Of course!  Really, there was a lot wrong with the muffins besides the wrong color meal, but it's nice to have a scapegoat.  Anyway, these are delicious and fabulously easy.  The next time your dinner is lacking good bread, grab your maple syrup and your yellow cornmeal, and a half hour later, you will be devouring maple cornbread drop biscuits.

As you can see, I continue to have problems with my food being ugly as sin.  Why aren't my drop biscuits round little biscuit balls like in the recipe's pictures!?  What is wrong with me!?  Similar to my orange cookies, the spheres have turned into round cookies.  Agh.  Like all my food, simply eat with your eyes closed for maximum enjoyment :)  If anyone can figure out why I cannot seem to make any spherical food, let me know!

Recipe:
Maple Cornbread Drop Biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment