Monday, February 20, 2012

Dedicated to my Cutest Fans :)

Today I was home alone with Dad while everyone else was out shopping and doing errands.  Mom and Kenz are doing some much-needed grocery shopping: we are out of many things, including sugar, which severely limited my baking this afternoon!  So I had a great idea: why not make something that doesn't need sugar?  And this idea evolved intomaking dog treats :)

I had seen a recipe recently for dog biscuits and was intrigued.  Why haven't I thought of this before?  The dogs love any food, so I know that even if I burned them, left out an ingredient, or made them look like crap (like most of my food!), they would both still devour them ravenously.  So this entry - and day of baking - is dedicated to Daisy and Delilah, the world's sweetest basset hounds!

This recipe could be eaten by humans (and I will admit that I took a bite of Daisy's); it didn't include anything weird.  It has oats, applesauce, peanut butter, and coconut for flavor.  I will confess that they are actually kind of delicious.  But don't take it from me:

Recipe:
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
A heart for Delilah!
Daisy even woke up for a treat!
I love my two girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment