Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cookies 'n Cream Fudge

This was one of those recipes where I pinned it and was making it a couple hours later.  Mostly because as soon as Kenzie spotted it, she demanded that it be made that very night.  We both have an affinity for all things Oreo, and so a cookies 'n cream fudge was something that piqued both of our interests.  Add that to the fact that there were only 5 ingredients and it looked ridiculously easy, and so it was easy to try it out.

So, if you have Oreos, white chocolate chips, Fluff, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract, then you could (and maybe should) make this fudge tonight.  You basically just melt the chocolate, Fluff and milk together, add the crushed Oreos and vanilla, and you're done!  It kind of ends up tasting like Oreos with lots of the white filling (apparently in my mind Oreo filling and white chocolate are similar!).  It is sweet and soft and pretty damn good.

  It makes a pretty big tray of fudge, too.  This actually ended up being a problem because Mom hates Oreos and Rach isn't a very big sweet eater, so really no one was going to eat the fudge but Kenzie and I, and we weren't making much of a dent in it.  I ended up bringing a Tupperware of it to work and leaving it in the office.  As soon as I was reminded to add a note that it was from me and not some dirty kid, it all went in under 24 hours!  The secretary even begged me for the recipe.  I am glad that it was enjoyed instead of thrown out, like many of my desserts here.  I think I might have figured out what to do with leftovers!

Recipe:

cookies 'n cream fudge
from Beyer Beware

Ingredients:
3 cups white chocolate morsels
20 Oreo cookies, crushed
7 ounces Marshmallow Fluff
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (clear is recommended but I used my regular stuff)

Instructions:

1) Melt chocolate with milk and marshmallow cream over medium-low heat.  Stir continuously until smooth.

2) Quickly stir in vanilla.  Fold in crushed cookies.  Pour in a foil-lined 13x9 baking pan.  Refrigerate 3 hours until firm.  Cut into small pieces to serve.


Neel was a big fan of licking the spoon afterwards :)



No comments:

Post a Comment