Saturday, October 24, 2015

Egg Muffins, or Crustless Mini Quiches

Okay I know I am literally the last person on the planet, besides maybe natives living in the Amazon rainforest, to make and talk about these.  You've seen them.  You've heard them called egg muffins, crustless quiches, whatever.  Either way, I know you've seen them before!  They are all over Pinterest (even I have pinned them), and if you're as lucky as I am, and 59% of your Facebook friends are Beach Body coaches, then you've probably seen them there too (no offense, LG, especially since you haven't posted about these yet so I guess I beat you and the Amazonian natives to the egg muffin party). 

Regardless, I am not sure why it took me so long to make these, because they are awesome.  You can quickly whip up a batch on a Sunday morning, and then you have breakfast all week long.  They're super versatile: you can add whatever you want to them.  I happened to have mushrooms and peppers left over from pizza night with my friends, so those were added to this batch.  I have since made a batch with chopped rosemary and cheddar cheese.  I am totally excited to try out a spinach and feta version.  Carnivores, go crazy and add sausage, chopped ham, bacon, whatever meat works for you.  Basically add veggies, meat, and/or cheese, and you can customize your little quiches easily.  You can go vegetarian, or carnivorian, or dairy-free, or gluten-free... you name it.

You can also change up the way you eat them.  I liked to smush mine in between two toasted english muffin halves.  I also ate a few plain (they are super portable and good to pack for work).  But, like the recipe itself, the way you eat these is full of options.

So I may be late to the party, but I am making up for lost time.  I love having a breakfast ready for me all week long, since mornings are not my strong suit, but I love breakfast.  They're quick and easy to make, and even quicker to grab and take with you!

Recipe:

egg muffins, or crustless quiches
from everywhere on the planet (but specifically, from Michelle Smith Dr. Secrets)
males 9 egg muffins

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
seasoning of your choice (I used Italian seasoning once, fresh rosemary another time)
mix-ins such as vegetables, meat or cheese (1 - 2 cups worth, depending on how much stuff you like in your muffins)

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.

2) Add eggs, milk and seasoning into bowl and whisk.  Pour egg mix into muffin pan until cups are 3/4 full.

3) Add desired mix-ins. Stir each cup with a spoon to incorporate mix-ins.

4) Bake for 10 minutes.  Rotate pans 180 degrees, then bake for 10 more minutes.  Quiches will have puffed up, but they will shrink back down.  Immediately remove quiches from pan using a spoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment