Sunday, October 28, 2012

Triple Chocolate Brownies

This is a bit of a late update, since I actually made these brownies Thursday night.  But I have been craz busy; I made the brownies to bring to a friend's house Friday after work, and then yesterday had a wedding to go to, so now I am finally getting the chance to update on my chewy fudgy triple chocolate brownies!

My family said they were craving brownies, and I knew I wanted something to bring to my friends' on Friday, so I went to my favorite blog to find a good recipe.  I have already made brownies from scratch backin the winter for my cousin's birthday, and they were great, but I wanted to try another recipe just for fun!  I was intrigued when I saw this recipe calls for three different types of chocolates: semisweet, unsweeetened and cocoa powder.    I am not a huge chocolate person, but I figured, people who are seem to love it, so triple chocolate must be even better than just one kind!

Like my other recipe, I had to use a double boiler to melt down all my chocolates and my butter, but that is probably pretty normal for from-scratch brownies.  Other than that, they were fairly easy.  I always like recipes that say to stir with "a wooden spoon."  It makes the whole thing feel so rustic!  So my mixer got the night off. 

As for the brownies themselves, they were beautiful. They were fluffy and tall and the top turned into a great shiny brown sheet.  They were a big hit with the kids at the party Friday night.  They ate a bunch (both before and after dinner!)  And I, who am not a big chocolate person like I said, still managed to force down two (okay it wasn't forcing... these are good!)  Of course, nothing can ever please everyone, and Mom and Rach claimed they were "too dark chocolate," which I  am not totally sure what that means, but okay!  However, I would say that the best part about these was the smell of my house.  It smelled great while the brownies were baking, but then again everything baking smells good.  What was interesting was that the smell lasted a long time.  When I woke up the next morning, I thought for a minute that Rachael was baking something, until I realized that Rachael would never in a million years be baking anything, never mind at 6:45 in the morning.  It was pretty great!

Recipe:
chewy fudgy triple chocolate brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment