Monday, May 14, 2012

Southwestern Pizza

Tonight I finally got around to making the pizza that I planned on making last Thursday.  I bought all the ingredients last week, so I didn't have to run to the store (and that type of planning-ahead never happens, so it was  nice!).  I made the dough, which is actually two doughs, but like last week, I decided to use both in one pizza.  It makes for such a soft, puffy crust, and I didn't have the ingredients for two pizzas, so one big one it was!

The good news is that this pizza comes together pretty quickly.  You sort of make your own refried beans by mashing black beans with spices, and spreading that onto the pizza with red onion, corn, tomatoes (except I used them all in the salad yesterday, so no tomatoes for us), and cheddar and monterrey jack cheese.  After it bakes, you add fresh cilantro (my love) and an avocado cream sauce.  I added a tiny bit too much lime juice so my sauce was a bit too limey, but it was really refreshing.  Since it was sour, I didn't spread it all over the pizza like I was supposed to, but I dotted it on and left the bowl  out on the table.  I was surprised when my picky mother not only liked the sauce, but added more!  There aren't many pieces of pizza left, so I think it was a hit.

With the thought that I only have 3 Mondays left of work, I will hopefully be able to limp my way through this last week of MCAS testing.  Here's to warmer weather, and more time both sleeping and cooking! :)

Recipes:
pizza dough
vegetarian southwestern pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment