Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hungarian Burgers

Yes, this is  burger.  Yes, with real meat.  You see, I decided to have Hungarian night here.  What, normal people don't do that?  It's just that I really wanted to make vegetable paprikash soup, but as  have already shared, some people claim soup is not a meal.  I had had a snow day, and had to go to Gardner for physical therapy anyway, so I offered up Hungarian night to Jesse and he agreed, so I stopped by the grocery store to get the ingredients for some hamburgers for him.  Hungarian hamburgers, of course.  I hate to be boring.

What's in a Hungarian burger, you ask, to make it Hungarian?  Paprika of course, along with red onion, fresh thyme and parsley, and lemon zest.  Serve it in a kaiser roll obviously, and top it with more paprika and sour cream. Voila: you have Hungarian burgers!

I used my griddle stove attachment for these and it was so much fun.  It almost made making burgers doable.  I had used it to grill eggplant before, but never meat.

Jesse called this the best meal he had ever had at my house.  That's saying something because I make some great meals.  I gave my mom one of the leftover burgers and she loved it too.  Pair these burgers with the paprikash soup, and you have Hungarian night.  Boom.  Best meal ever.

Recipe:

Hungarian burgers
from Food52
serves 4

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon sweet red paprika
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon dry red wine
1/2 cup sour cream for garnish
4 toasted kaiser rolls

Instructions:

1) Prepare your grill.  Then mix beef, herbs, spices, salt, wine and lemon zest together.  Shape into 4 burgers.

2) Grill 2 - 4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness (mine were way too thick... lesson learned), heat of the grill, and desired level of doneness.

3) Garnish with sour cream, herbs, and a sprinkle of paprika.  Serve each on a toasted kaiser roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment