Saturday, February 27, 2016
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Spritz Cookies
A note about the cookie press: most presses end up making hearts with little Vs pressed into the top of them (because that's basically the shape of the cookie press pattern). Being a perfectionist, I gently tapped down each cookie until it was a mostly flat heart shape. You can do this if you are crazy like me, or just leave them the way they are. They are still hearts, whether they are topped with a little V or not!
chocolate-dippped strawberry spritz cookies
from Bake Love Give
1 cup shortening
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons strawberry jam
3 - 4 drops red food coloring
1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers (I used dark chocolate chips)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cream together shortening and egg. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder until well combined.
3) Add strawberry jam and mix well. Add food coloring to desired color.
4) Put dough into cookie press and form cookies onto cookie sheets.
5) Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until very light brown and set.
6) Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate and transfer to parchment paper to set. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.