Monday, November 30, 2015

Mushroom and Goat Cheese Omelet

I love weekends for many reasons, but one of them is that I actually stand a chance of making myself a good breakfast.  And I love living alone for many reasons, but one of them is that I can make something like a mushroom and goat cheese omelet and not hear any complaints.  Both mushrooms and goat cheese are polarizing foods; people either adore them (me) or absolutely hate them (lots of people, weirdly).  Luckily for me, I love both, and when I saw that I had leftovers of them each from my last BYOI Night, I knew a delicious omelet was in my future.

To make things even more amazing, the goat cheese was herbed goat cheese... OMG.  It would still be delicious with plain goat cheese, but the herbs just brought everything together.  The mushrooms were tender and as meaty as I like things to get.

I have still not mastered the perfect omelet flip, so it wasn't picture perfect, but it was a wonderful breakfast.  I served it with a side of blackberries and some orange juice and coffee, and it literally felt like I was going out to dinner by myself (in a ridiculously beautiful diner... sorry, I just love my house a little extra tonight!).

Recipe:

mushroom and goat cheese omelet
adapted from Fresh Mama

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon goat cheese

Instructions:

1) Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.

2) Add oil to a skillet and heat over medium-low.  Add mushrooms, cooking 5 minutes until tender, then remove from pan.

3) Add egg mixture and coat bottom of pan, lifting edges to let uncooked eggs flow underneath the cook.  When eggs are almost set, add in mushrooms and goat cheese, then gently fold in half and allow to cook another 2 minutes.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment