Sunday, July 26, 2015
Lunch Lady Brownies
lunch lady brownies
from Life in the Lighthouse
yields 12 large or 24 small brownies
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
for chocolate frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2) In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
3) Add the flour and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Do not overtax. Batter will be thick.
4) Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in venter comes out clean. remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
5) While brownies are cooling, beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.