Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Guest Post #2: Mom

Happy New Year to everyone, and happy second blogiversary to me!  Who'd have thought 2 years ago tonight, when I was chopping lime zest to use in frosting (yes, chopping, not zesting), that I would be a blogger whipping up 3 different desserts in one day (that was today)!?

I am more than happy to say good riddance to 2013.  It was a pretty terrible year.  But 2014 is bound to be, while stressful, definitely better.  By this time next year, I will (hopefully) have a new house and a new husband!  It will be a big, exciting year for me, and I am happy for it to get started.  I am spending New Year's Eve at home (just how I like it) with my mom.  We thought tonight would be a good time for her to do her guest post! 

If you follow my blog, you know that my mom is one of my biggest challenges when it comes to my cooking!  She is always very appreciative, but she is... not picky per se, but critical.  And when she finds something she likes, she is willing to eat it nonstop for months (which is an issue when I am so into trying out new recipes!)  She also likes things "plain;" she doesn't like bread with flavor, likes to avoid rosemary because it's strong, and her favorite dessert is probably just a good old chocolate cake with vanilla frosting.  But despite her culinary differences from mine, I love this woman with every ounce of my being.   She may prefer meat to meatless, but she likes mushrooms and lentils, and she is willing to try just about anything.  Oh, and she is the kindest, sweetest human being.  And so, here's my mama.

Please introduce yourself!  
Hi I am Kim,  Bridget's mom.  I love her to the ends of the earth and back.  Love her love of cooking too.  Even love many of her creations, although you'd never know it to read about me in her blog!

What do you think of Bridget's cooking?
Bridget is a wonderful cook.  She isn't afraid to tackle even the most complicated of recipes.  Her affinity for meatless recipes gets to me sometimes.  But she makes far more delicious dishes than things that I would turn my nose up at.

What do you wish Bridget would change about her cooking?
Perhaps she should not be afraid, or repulsed to cook with meat.  Meat is tasty and is a good source of protein.  Also,  Bee should not act like I am sticking knives in her when I give her constructive criticism.  I often love her creation but say that I think it would be even better with nuts.  And then in her blog i come off as a godzilla.

What have been some of your favorite all-time recipes that Bridget has made?
I love so many things.  Date nut bread, stuffed shells, green lasagna, pasta with lemon and tomato sauce, baked alaska, salted caramels (but I wish she would put nuts in them), angel food cake, beans and rice, and sticky buns, lettuce wraps, fluffernutter cookies.  I could go on forever!

What were your top 3 recipes from 2013?
date nut bread, sticky buns and pasta with lemon and tomato



No comments:

Post a Comment