Sunday, December 6, 2015

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders

This recipe freaks me out on a lot of levels, but with that said, it was a huge hit, so I suppose I have to share it.

First of all, it's chicken.  Enough said there.

Second of all, it uses lots of not-so-fresh foods, like a packet of ranch dressing mix, and a bottle of buffalo sauce.  Nothing homemade in there whatsoever.

Third of all, it makes your house smell like meal.  I like to use my slow cooker, but the smell of slowly-cooking meat is really my worst thing.

Okay I've done enough complaining (right, Laura?).  These slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders made Jesse and my family very, very happy.  Sometimes you just have to give the people what they want, and if they want meat without any trace of a vegetable, fine.  To appease my on misgivings, I made slider rolls from scratch.  They were absolutely delicious and easily doubled as dinner rolls (for me especially, since I wasn't eating the chicken!).  More on those in the next post.  But the chicken was flavorful, and... chickeny... and everyone loved it.  And it was super simple to make.  So, there's that!

Recipe:

slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders
from Plain Chicken
serves 8

Ingredients:
2 pounds boneless chicken
1 12-ounce bottle Frank's Wing Sauce
1 1-ounce package ranch dressing mix
12 slider buns
2 cups cheddar cheese (optional; I left it out)
1/4 cup prepared ranch dressing

Instructions:

1) Place chicken, wing saue, and ranch dressing mix in slow cooker.

2) Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.  Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.  Return to slow cooker and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.

3) When ready to be served, top slider buns with chicken and top with cheese and/or ranch dressing.  Place under oven broiler and broil until cheese is melted.




No comments:

Post a Comment