Monday, December 28, 2015

Leftovers Remade: Leftover Muffins

Do you always watch the recipe videos that have taken over Facebook this year?  I do.  Even when it's something I have zero intention of making - for instance, I just watched someone making teriyaki chicken tacos.  I don't know why, but I guess it's similar to watching Food Network, which I love, except it's sped up to be done in under a minute, and I like that the directions appear as text on the screen.  I've never shared one of these videos myself, but I am glad that the rest of you do.

This recipe, as you may have guessed, came from a recipe video on Facebook!  My aunt Regenia shared it the week before Thanksgiving, and I thought it was genius.  You basically just stuff whatever you have left inside a ball of canned crescent dough, bake it, and voila: leftover muffins!  I immediately added crescent rolls to the grocery list.

And how cute are these?  You can stuff them with whatever you want: stuffing, vegetables, turkey, cranberry sauce - use up those leftovers!  Cutting open each one became a surprise at my Leftovers Remade party.  Will this one have brussels sprouts?  Is this the one where I ran out of turkey?  Will this one be mostly squash?  It was kind of fun :)

I hope you are enjoying your Christmas break.  I am in total shock that it's already Monday and I've been off for 4 days.  I'd like this to last forever, please.

Recipe:

leftover muffins
from Foodbeast on Facebook (click for the video!)
yield 8 muffins

Ingredients:
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup chopped turkey
1 cup stuffing
1 cup vegetables of choice (i.e. mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, squash, etc.)
1/2 cup cranberry sauce

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a muffin pan with oil and set aside.

2) Open crescent roll dough.  Each rectangle will become one muffin.  Lay out a rectangle on a lightly floured work surface and top with 1 tablespoon each stuffing, turkey and vegetable.  Add 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce.  

3) Carefully fold up edges and roll dough into a ball around the fillings.  Place completed muffin into muffin tin, and repeat with remaining dough and filling.

4) Bake 14 - 18 minutes or until golden brown.








No comments:

Post a Comment