Monday, April 20, 2015

White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Blondies

I have told you before about my strange way of keeping track of the recipes I post on this blog; I take pictures of all of them (hopefully) and then use that as my order.  The problem comes when I can't remember where there recipe itself came from.  If it's not from a usual place or I have forgotten to pin it, I'm out of luck.  I am especially out of luck if I can't even figure out what the name of the recipe was.  I have been sitting here on this rainy day staring at a picture of streusel-topped muffins trying to figure out a) what they are; b) where the recipe came from; c) why I can't even remember making them.  Clearly this vacation was needed to give my brain a rest (and to rest Mark's brain too; he has been asleep on the couch since about 1:30).

So no muffins for you today.  Muffin Monday is canceled!  Don't be too mad: I have blondies as a peace offering.  Not just any blondies, mind you, but snickerdoodle blondies, with white chocolate chips.  Yeah.

I needed a dessert to bring to Mark's family party a few weeks ago, and after getting lost for hours in recipes (I do this all the time), I finally decided to give these a try.  I'm glad I did.  Mark's family went wild for them.  They're almost like what you would imagine would happen if snickerdoodles, blondies, and cakes all had a baby together (if 3 parents can have a baby...).  They're soft and chewy with a swirl of cinnamon and sugar, dotted with white chocolate chips.  And they didn't meet a single soul who didn't rave about them and maybe sometimes eat more than one!

Recipe:

white chocolate snickerdoodle blondies
yield 20 - 24 blondies

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
cinnamon sugar filling:
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1/3 cup granulated sugar

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 11x7-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides to easily pull the blondes out of the pan and cut. 

2) In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powered, and salt.  Set aside.  Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed in a large bowl.  Beat for at least 1 minutes until creamy.  Add sugars and beat for 2 full minutes on high speed until light and fluffy.  Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.  

3) Beat in the eggs and vanilla on high speed, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.  On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until just combined.  Using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula, fold in the white chocolate chips.

4) Spoon half of the batter into the pan.  It will be a relatively thin layer, but try to spread it across the pan evenly.  Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of the bottom layer, reserving 1 tablespoon for the top.  Spread the remaining batter over the top.  Some of the cinnamon-sugar will mix into the top layer as you spread it, which is fine.  Sprinkle to top with remaining cinnamon-sugar.

5) Bake for 30 - 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool completely for about 1 hour.  Blondies stay fresh covered tightly at room temperature for up to 1 week.  Blondies freeze well up to 3 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment