Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cheesy Biscuits

Sometimes when a recipe is too simple, I have my doubts about it.  But I am happy to tell you that this is one of those times when an easy recipe really does come out great.  And it's biscuits.  Cheesy biscuits.  Easy cheesy biscuits - can you imagine anything better?

I was also a bit skeptical about using Bisquick.  I'm such a purist these days, but I didn't have to worry (although I did look up Bisquick mix recipes to make my own!).  I think it just helped the recipe to move quicker since it already includes so many components.

Honestly this was the easiest biscuit recipe: mix everything together, pour the batter into greased muffin tins, and bake.  That's it!  See why I was nervous?  But there was no reason to worry: the biscuits puffed up beautifully.  Maybe more muffin-consistency than biscuit, but glorious nonetheless.

Warning: they're a bit sweet - they have 3 tablespoons of sugar (and vanilla extract too!).  I was worried they'd be really sweet - and in fact maybe next time I'd cut it down a bit - but everyone loved them anyway.  I figured Mom would hate them but she loved them too.  They are sweet and cheesy at the same time, and soooo good hot out of the oven.  These are definitely a make-again recipe.  When you can have biscuits whipped up   and cooked in under 15 minutes, there's no reason why you're not making them right now!

Recipe:

cheesy biscuits
from High Heels and Grills
yield 8-10 biscuits (I made 12)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:

1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease a muffin tin.

2) Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth (batter will be somewhat runny).

3) Fill each section of the muffin tin 2/3 full.

4) Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden; use a toothpick to check the center.
I spy a hungry hound...

No comments:

Post a Comment