|Also, how cute is this muffin tin!? Thanks Paul and Kecee!|
This muffin wasn't that muffin. But - she did say this is the closest I've ever gotten. I figured the yogurt would help with what Mom calls "the gumminess" - I think she means that they're moist. There are lots of berries - 2 whole cups - and a dash of nutmeg. Try these out, and let me know: are these the perfect blueberry muffin?
from The Pioneer Woman
3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
heavy pinch of salt
dash of nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 generous cup plain unflavored yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 385 degrees. Butter a muffin tin.
2) In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) In another large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla, egg, and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.
4) Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.
5) Add mixture to muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining berries on top and press down lightly. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top (brown sugar can be used instead).
6) Bake 20 - 25 minutes and allow to cool completely.