Sunday, June 15, 2014

Microwave Coffee Cup Scramble

I have to tell you: this is an excellent recipe. I have told you before that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but I very rarely get the chance to sit down and enjoy breakfast.  Mornings are rushed and crazy (even more so in the new house now that we have to bring Daisy to my mom's before work!) and I usually end up eating nothing or eating something like a yogurt or a Solo cup of dry cereal (that has been Mark's go to breakfast).  But not having time is not an excuse not to enjoy this ridiculously simple recipe.  It became part of my morning routine during math and science MCAS, when I knew I would need energy and wouldn't be eating until 1:00.  It is so easy, and so good!

Literally all you do is spray a mug with cooking spray, then whisk in an egg and some milk.  Microwave for 45 seconds, then stir and microwave it again for 30 more seconds.  After the first cooking, it is starting to set, but by the end of the second go, it has magically turned into perfect fluffy scrambled eggs.  Add salt, pepper and shredded cheese, and voila: you have breakfast.  Sometimes I ate it straight out of the mug; other times, I toasted some multigrain bread and ate the eggs on top of it.  Once I even made myself an egg sandwich out of it with an English muffin.  In summary, you can basically eat it however you want, and you won't be disappointed.

One last note: some days I wasn't hungry enough for 2 eggs.  One egg works just fine; it just needed a bit less cooking time.

With all the insanity of the past few weeks, I had sort of forgotten about this recipe.  I am pretty glad I just remembered about it, because I think there is a a very good chance that I will be having coffee cup scramble for breakfast tomorrow... on my last Monday of work!  Wahoo!

Recipe:

microwave coffee cup scramble
from The Incredible Edible Egg
makes 1 serving

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons shredded cheese
salt and pepper

Instructions:

1) Coat a 12-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray.  Add eggs and milk, beat until blended,

2) Microwave on high 45 seconds; stir.  Microwave until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.

3) Top with cheese; season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment