Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Maple Syrup Raisin Bread

After a long two weeks of kitchen renovations, I finally finally got to cook and bake again.  I had no groceries - like, my refrigerator was bare, and I'm not exaggerating: we emptied it to move it.  So I scanned my Pinterest for recipes that may call for what I happened to have in the cabinets, and voila: maple syrup raisin bread.  Only 7 ingredients, nothing too crazy.

It's a quick bread, and what I loved about it was that it has no sugar in it.  It is sweetened only by a half cup of real maple syrup, and studded with sweet raisins!  It is fairly healthy, I tell myself, due to the lack of sugar, butter and oil, and thus could be toasted and slathered with butter and simply devoured without guilt.

The best part?  This is a quick bread.  It's so simple, it's crazy. You could be eating it in just over an hour, hot and fresh out of the oven.  I know you have all the ingredients.  Get in there and appreciate the fact that your kitchen isn't being renovated!  :)

Recipe:

maple syrup raisin bread
from Mostly Homemade Mom

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg, beaten
1 cup raisins

Instructions:

1) Spray a loaf pan with oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.  With a large wooden spoon, stir in milk, maple syrup, and egg; mix well.

3) Stir in raisins.

4) Spread into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment