Thursday, August 8, 2013

Whole Wheat Blueberry Mufffins

Delilah was very interested!
My beloved aide at work, Barbara, is famous for her blueberry muffins.  Somehow she is amazing enough to even make them in the morning before work (considering I can barely manage to make a coffee and run to my car in the morning, this is very impressive to me).  She makes them for work parties or breakfasts, and always for my birthday and last day of school.  I am not even embarrassed to say that I eat about 3 or 4 in a day, and I don't even care.

They are sweet but not too sweet, soft and full of berries.  I always could tell which muffins were hers by look, too, and when I finally got her recipe, I understood why: she uses regular and whole wheat flour.  When I figured that out, I was thrilled because I could pretend that they are very healthy breakfast foods :)

I make lots of different blueberry muffin recipes in my quest for the perfect ones, and these are as close to perfect as they get.  I made one batch of them and they were gone in 2 days.  They are really easy to make... in fact I may just go bake some tonight with the fresh blueberries my sisters recently picked :)

Recipe:

whole wheat blueberry muffins
from Barbara at work!


Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil
1 1/2 cups flour (use 1 cup unbleached white and 1/2 cup whole wheat)
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping cup blueberries 
Instructions:
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Beat egg, and stir in milk and oil.  

2) Mix in remaining ingredients until flour is moistened (batter should be lumpy).  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.  Makes 12 muffins.
Pretty muffins and pretty bassets!


No comments:

Post a Comment