Monday, June 24, 2013
Orange Creamsicle Yogurt Bites
I am not kidding when I say that the active working time on these guys is maybe 2 minutes. You mix together orange Jello and Greek yogurt, microwave the mixture to melt the sugar, pour it into muffin cups, and refrigerate. We ended up topping ours with a spray of whipped cream since that is how Tuck likes his Jello the best. He was a big fan of these bites - stealing many of them before they were even fully set! I thought they were rather awesome too, but I think that I would like them even better if I didn't use sugarless Jello; I always think that you can taste a chemically flavor in sugarless stuff. But they really do taste like creamsicles! And if you are looking for a cute little snack that can be made in 2 minutes, these might be them. You can also mix and match flavors of the Jello and yogurt to try out different combinations... I think I would also like to try making them in mini cupcake liners to make smaller little bites. Oh, endless options of yogurt bites!
orange creamsicle yogurt bites
from Cookies and Cups
1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
1 (.3 ounce) package orange Jello mix (sugarless or regular)
*optional whipped cream topping
1) Line a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners.
2) In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix together yogurt and Jello mix, stirring to combine.
3) Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute.
4) Fill each cupcake liner with about 1/4 cup of mixture.
5) Chill cups for at least an hour until set. Add whipped cream if desired.